Wednesday, June 22, 2011

First Post: Character Development

So I like clothes, and I like to think that's the most interesting thing about me but that would make me pretty much 99% of the materialistic world. But I'm also a broke college student-- which is the real problem.

I torture myself reading fashion magazines and blogs and educate myself with the latest trends so I find myself saying "omgdidyouseethenewisabelmarantspring2011collection? I WANT." to random people on the street who think I'm crazy. Well, I am..plus, who am I kidding I live in the suburbs-- finding someone on the street would be impossible.

I decided that I needed to somehow cater to my shopping habit and get a summer job as I take summer calculus classes (ew...gross, let's not talk about it) I found one working retail at a department store. I took this job despite all of my friends and family telling me how much it sucked. I mean the commission, the competition, the folding of clothes, the shoulder-strap-thingies-getting-caught-onto-multiple-hangers, the needy customers, etc. But I decided that I wanted to learn for myself why "Retail Hell The Book" was written. (cue Miss Independent music by Kelly Clarkson)

So I'm here to tell you my journey as I discover new and exciting things! Do I sound like a bad high school graduation speech? My bad. Translation: I'm going to use this blog so I can vent about how I realized why my job is synonymous with hell, but I still have it so I can afford to feed my rampant consumerism.

- Oh and this is me! Just in case you were wondering...

- Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment