Thursday, June 23, 2011

Second Post: Mall Slang

Oh hey, back for more? (Unless this is your first time reading my blog, in that case this is embarrassing- feel free to scroll down) Anyway, I'm glad my complaints are amusing to all of you- no sarcasm intended.

I'd like to introduce you to a thing I like to call work delirium. I generally have it every day after work, but for some days it's stronger. It's usually more of a mental strain rather than a physical one, but there are exceptions (like when you try to pretend to be the fancy schmancy fashion people you see in New York/Paris movies running around in 4 inch heels all day, but what you forget is that cinematography is cheating you by not showing you the blisters and callouses these people get-- yeah, I tried it and all I have to say is "Not worth it"). Work delirium, I've discovered, is kind of like taking the SATS three times in a row...while standing. You feel completely wiped out afterwards and are incapable of doing simple things like respond to your name or walk with one foot in front of the other.

It's pretty suck. So much that it really just doesn't deserve grammatical accuracy.

But one thing I'd like to point out is "customer service voice." I have realized and am completely guilty of changing my tone when talking to customers. It's like a mix between your kindergarten teacher and what you sound like when you're calling your puppy to come play with you. I never noticed it when I was myself a customer, but now that I am on the other end...it's just so weird. Do people enjoy being greeted with completely staged phrases?

For example, a normal interaction goes like so...

Salesperson: Hellllllllllllllllo ladies! How are we doing today?! Are you shopping for anything in particular?
Customer: No, just browsing.
Salesperson: All Right then! You just let me know if I can get you anything at all, okay?

It's borderline annoying. I've decided this is my ideal interaction...

Salesperson: Hey, what's up?
Customer: looking for clothes
Salesperson: Cool, spend a lot okay? I'm working on commission here.

At least it's honest, right? Anyway, some pictures to go along with tonight's rant.
- hey place of employment, stop following me.
- highlight of my day: two, not ONE, cookies. Leave me alone.

Written with love and desperate for sympathy,
- Amy

Ps. A piece of advice: If you read the blog as if there are no spaces in between the words and all in ONE breath, then that is exactly how I intended it to sound.


1 comment:

  1. <3 your disregard of proper grammar in tough times. suck.

    ReplyDelete